Sunday 9 February 2014

THE IMPACT OF THE BALLOON

A METAPHOR OF A LUCID DREAM

To make my communications campaign be more intriguing I wanted to have metaphor to leave it open for interpretation for the audience. I have changed the logo to 'Lucid dreams the app' which I think works really well. The typeface (Dense and Langdon) work well together and give a sense of sophistication and playfulness. I have taken the 'A' from the logo and made it into a monogram for the brand, which has a deep underlying meaning of a person standing and taking a reality or fantasy route.

I have worked with a bird, a kite and other metaphors of 'flying' however when I looked at the purpose and actions of a balloon, it stood out to me that a balloon is very similar to a lucid dream. You have total control over a lucid dream, until you let go and let your imagination take you. The same with a balloon, you have total control over it until you let it go. So I thought this was a perfect metaphor and should be used throughout.

When I was playing with the significance of the balloon, I started playing with words. 'It'll blow your mind' first came to me but then 'It'll blow you away' seemed to tie in great with the balloon part. I feel now it is really coming together. I have also integrated a QR code, which does not work yet, but it will do, which takes you straight to download the app.




No comments:

Post a Comment